by Dr. Kelly O. Lake
This manual will support you in your journey as an early child educator. Regardless of your current level of knowledge, professional experiences, and skill level, this manual will provide the following benefits:
1. To acknowledge and affirm current professional teaching standards
2. To promote professionalism in the early childhood field
3. To act as a guide in demonstrating growth and development as an early childhood educator
4. To showcase strengths and accomplishments as well as identify areas to work on
5. To become a more reflective early childhood educator
This manual is a guide to one way to structure and conceptualize a portfolio. There is no one right way! Above all, your portfolio must be meaningful to you as well as manageable. The journey you are about to embark on will be challenging, rigorous, rewarding, and authentic. Your portfolio is about you!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr. Kelly O. Lake is a professor of early childhood education and co-chair of the Early Childhood Education Department at Santa Barbara City College. With over twenty-five years of professional experience, Dr. Lake has been a teacher of young children, an administrator, trainer, and consultant with a many child development centers in a variety of locations.
Dr. Lake received a B.A. in sociology from Indiana University, his M.A. in counseling psychology from Ball State University, and a doctorate of education from Nova Southeastern University.
(2005, paperback, 116 pages)